Whether this is your initial search for a place to rent, or whether you’ve rented in the past; we can help you find a place to call home!
Before you begin your search, you may have some questions regarding the tenant acceptance process.
What Qualifications are Taken into Consideration?
Landlords require a completed application and a credit report for each person over 21 that will be occupying the unit. An application fee of $40 to $65 will be required (depending if a criminal background check is required). This fee includes the credit report.
The landlord will focus on these key points:
- Your credit score
- Job history
- Current income
- Payment history reported by previous landlords (if any)
- Whether or not you have pets (If pets are allowed, there may be restrictions regarding the size, weight, and/or breed.
Other issues that can influence the acceptance of a prospective tenant:
- Character references
- Previous evictions
- Criminal background report
- Sexual predator report
- Pending litigation
What Documentation Will be Required?
For each applicant:
- Two current pay stubs
- Identification: Drivers License, State ID or passport
- Contact information for current landlord (if any) including a letter of permission to release your information to the new landlord. (Note: Some landlords require current & previous landlord’s contact information)
- Work supervisor contact information
- Character references
- Vehicle information (make, model, license plate number)
How Long Can I Expect the Process to Take?
In the current market, desirable properties are being rented within a few days to a week of being introduced to the rental market. With this said, you should start your search 30 to 40 days prior to the expiration of your current lease to allow enough time for this process. It is recommended that you have all your paperwork and documentation prepared in advance. If you find a place that suits your needs, you need to move on it quickly. If you hesitate, or haven’t obtained your documentation, you may lose the desired place because someone else was more prepared. (Please note that if a criminal background check is required, it will take 48 to 72 hours to obtain the report.)
Once the proper reports and documentation have been provided to the landlord, the tenant acceptance process is fairly simple and should be completed in a short period of time.
Are There Any Additional Fees I Should be Aware Of?
- In addition to the application fee ($40 to $65), a security deposit is usually required. The security deposit is usually the amount of one month’s rent (depending on your credit score).
- If your pet(s) has been accepted, a pet deposit is usually required. The pet deposit usually runs between a couple of hundred dollars, to one month’s rent (depending on the number of pets, size, weight and breed).
- Also, it’s a good idea to find out if the building’s association requires moving fees (in or out) or damage deposits. Moving fees are usually non-refundable. Damage deposits are usually refundable as long as there has been no damage done to the building while moving in or out. In addition, you will want to find out if there are any restrictions regarding the days and times that moving is allowed.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Or, give us a call at (312) 421-3357 ~ Toll-free at (888) 800-9555 .
To begin your search, please complete the form below.
Good luck with your search!!!