The Exclusive Right to Sell Marketing Agreement is designed for the seller that prefers to avoid upfront, out-of-pocket expenses. This is a traditional listing agreement, with the compensation being paid at the closing of the property – usually from the proceeds of the sale.
There are several reasons why a seller may feel more comfortable with this listing option. They may be in a financial position that limits their ability to pay upfront fees. They may be uncertain that their property will sell at the desired price or within the desired timeframe, thus limiting the amount they are willing to pay in advance. Or, they may simply wish to sell their home in a traditional manner; paying traditional commission for the service after the property has been sold. When using the Exclusive Right to Sell Marketing Agreement, the commission amount is negotiable – usually between 4% to 5% of the sale price. It’s important to know that these sellers will still receive the same services provided with the Full Service Marketing Agreement. The difference is the total amount of compensation, and the manner in which it is paid.
The ‘Exclusive Right to Sell’ Option Includes the Following:
- Oustanding Customer Service – You will have access to live agent telephone support, and real time email support, throughout your listing period.
- MLS Listing – Your property will be listed in the Chicagoland area Multiple Listing Service (MRED), which covers 13 counties. This is THE property database used by thousands of REALTORS®.
- Showcase Listing – Your property will be featured on the most popular real estate search websites, such as: Realtor.com, Craig’s List, Trulia, Zillow, Homes.com, Chicagotribune.com, DailyHerald.com, Yahoo, and Google. Your listing will also appear on all the top real estate brokerage sites; including RE/MAX, Redfin, Coldwell Banker, Baird & Warner, and all other MLS companies.
- Pricing Assistance – Upon request, we will send you a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA), using current data from the Multiple Listing Service. This information can help you price your property competitively in the market.
- Mutiple Photos – Up to 24 photos on the Multiple Listing Service, and up to 35 photos on Realtor.com. (Other real estate sites, such as Zillow, Google, etc., pull data from the MLS, so they may limit the number of photos.)
- Visual Tour – A custom Visual Tour will be created and posted on the MLS, Realtor.com, and other real estate websites; to enhance your property’s listing.
- Free Yard Sign – You will receive a 24” × 30” corrugated plastic, yard sign with post. The sign is printed with our toll free number.
- Showing and Feedback Service– We provide a full-time, professional showing service. REALTORS® will use the showing service to schedule all showings. The showing service contacts the seller by phone, email, or text (you choose). The service will make you aware of the requested date and time of the showing. You authorize the showing by letting the service know if you will be present for the showing, or if the buyer’s agent needs to use the lock box (optional), or pick up keys from our office. The service will send you a confirmation email including the agent’s name and phone number, in case you have to make any last-minute changes regarding the showing. After the showing, the service will send out an email to the buyer’s agent every 12 hours for 4 days; requesting feedback. If they do not respond, our office will try to obtain feedback with a personal phone call to the buyer’s agent. We feel feedback is important and can be very helpful in selling a property. We do our best to gather this information for our sellers.
- Lock Box – A lock box will be provided, at no cost, to allow easy access for showings.
- Free and Unlimited Listing Changes – You can change or modify your listing’s information at any time . . . free of charge.
- Document Downloads: Listing Contracts and Disclosure Forms – You will be able to download all the documents you need to list your property; including the Listing Contract and Illinois Disclosure Forms.
- Leasing Your Property – If for some reason your property does not sell as anticipated, you may want to consider renting the property. We will be happy to discuss this option and provide guidance. For more info, click (Set up a link to Renting Your Property under RENTALS)
- Timely Offer Presentation & Negotiation Assistance – Offers sent to our office will be promptly converted to a pdf file and sent directly to your personal email address. Once you have reviewed the offer, we’ll discuss the best strategy to achieve the highest possible sales price and within the desired timeframe. We will also continue negotiations regarding the cost of any inspection issues that could come up after the sales price has been agreed upon.
Forms Needed for the ‘Exclusive Right to Sell’ Marketing Program:
EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO SELL Agreement.pdf
Appointment Sheet 07.pdf
Heat Disclosure.pdf (only for Chicago properties)
Lead-Based Paint Disclosure 3-11.pdf (for properties built prior to 1978)
Lead-Based Paint Brochure.pdf
Listing Information Agreement 10.pdf
Radon Disclosure – rev. 8-09.pdf
Seller Property Disclosure – rev. 8-09.pdf
MLS LISTING SHEET
Single Family MLS Sheet.pdf
Attached Listing Form(1).pdf